Yeovil

Yeovil Athletic Arena

Yeovil Recreation Centre
Chilton Grove
YEOVIL

Telephone: 01935 411120 (not at track)
Fax:

Email:
Website:

Type: Synthetic, 400m, 8 lanes, 8 lane straight

Authority: Somerset
Ceremonial County: Somerset

NUTS Name: Yeovil

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: ST 553171
National Grid Reference: 355300, 117100

Paper Maps:
OS Explorer Map: 129
OS Landranger Map: 183
Red Book Somerset 50 D2

Train: Yeovil Penn Mill (1.5M), Yeovil Junction (3M)

Opening Times: Mon-Sun 0900-Dusk/2000. Club times (non exclusive) Tue (floodlit) 1830-1930, Sun AM
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: Yes
Charges: Public times Adult 1.60, Junior 0.80, Non members during club sessions Adult 2.00, Junior 2.00

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities: Full - 2 HJ, 2 PV (1L-DE), 2 LJ, 2 TJ (2L-DE), 2 SP, 2 DT/HT (2C-INT, 1C-INT), 2 JT
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height adjustable

Changing: Full in clubhouse
Floodlights: Yes
Seating: 1000+ uncovered total - 90 uncovered on home straight, 1000 (approx) uncovered on top bend

Track Certification: Full - valid until 30th Sep 2007

Clubs: Yeovil Olympiads AC

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.



Click the diagram for a larger view


Other Info:
The track was originally opened by Jeffrey Archer and Councillor Sydney Harding on 28th April 1985. It had became in need of resurfacing and the runway outside the back straight was resurfaced in 2001. On 29th April 2002, following a lottery award, work started on a complete revamp of the track. This involved resurfacing, moving the internal LJ/TJ/PV runways, providing floodlights and a security fence. The track reopened with a meeting on 26th August 2002. Click here to see a diagram of the old track. Until about 2000, the covered stand used to have a capacity of 90 but the seats have been moved out and placed alongside the stand. Yeovil Olympiads AC have their clubhouse at the track which opened in 1988 and is called the Joanna France Memorial Clubhouse. The entrance to the track is from the cul-de-sac Pickett Lane which is a turning off the A37 about a mile north of the town centre. It is also accessible from Chilton Grove (a turning off the A359 Mudford Road) which is the main entrance to the Yeovil Recreation Centre which is basically a large area of grass pitches.

Last update: 21/07/2003

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003