Weymouth

Weymouth Athletics Centre

Knightsdale Road
WEYMOUTH
DT4 0HS

Telephone: 01305 784186, 01305 832797 (club contact, not at track)
Fax: 01305 206276 (not at track)

Email: grahamnewman@weymouth.gov.uk
Website:

Type: Cinder, 400m, 7 lanes, 7 lane straight

Authority: Dorset
Ceremonial County: Dorset

NUTS Name: Weymouth

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: SY 671788
National Grid Reference: 367100, 078800

Paper Maps:
A-Z Weymouth 1E 15
OS Explorer Map: OL 15
OS Pathfinder Map: 1343
Red Book Dorset 51 D3
Red Book Weymouth & Dorchester 15 E5

Train: Weymouth

Opening Times: Open all the time. Club times Tue & Thu (summer only) 1800
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: No
Charges: None for individual use but track can be hired for a fee for meetings (ring 01305 206273)

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities:

fiogf49gjkf0d
Limited (all cinder except where stated) - 1 HJ, no PV, 4 LJ, 3 TJ (synthetic LJ/TJ 1L-DE, 2 x LJ 1L-SE, TJ 1L-SE), 1 SP, 1 DT/HT (2C-INT), 1 JT
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height fixed

Changing: Full at back of Indoor Bowls Centre next to the track
Floodlights: None
Seating: None

Clubs: Weymouth St. Paul's Harriers & AC

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.



Click the diagram for a larger view


Other Info:

fiogf49gjkf0d
The track was opened on 6th June 1964 by Lord Luke, President of the National Association of Playing Fields and is a redgra one. The surface was levelled and redressed and the sand pits refilled in March 2001 and so the track is in good condition. The lanes are marked in the summer and it is still used for schools meetings. The throwing cage always has a net from the end of March to September. The track was used for lower division Southern League fixtures into the 1990s but there is no longer a facility for PV but this was only ever into a sand pit on probably the runway inside the back straight. The sports ground on which the track is situated is called The Marsh. The original pavilion which opened at the same time as the track was demolished in 2000 and was replaced by an Indoor Bowls Centre which was officially opened on 22nd November 2000 and which incorporates full changing facilities for track users. There are plans to upgrade the track to synthetic by 2004.

Last update: 16/09/2002

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003