Watford

Woodside Stadium

Watford Leisure Centre
Horseshoe Lane
WATFORD
WD25 7HH

Telephone: 01923 670644 (Leisure Centre), 01923 677611 (Track Manager), 01923 675423 (Clubhouse), 01727 864222 (Clubhouse Bookings, not at track)
Fax: 01923 894280 (Leisure Centre)

Email:
Website:

Type: Synthetic, 400m, 8 lanes, 8 lane straight

Authority: Hertfordshire
Ceremonial County: Hertfordshire

NUTS Name: Watford

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: TL 110009
National Grid Reference: 511000, 200900

Paper Maps:
A-Z Hertfordshire 6L 137
A-Z London Master 5Y 5 (NW)
A-Z London Atlas/DeLuxe 6G 5
A-Z Watford 5D 4
Collins London Comprehensive 60 BW33
OS Explorer Map: 182
OS/Philip's Hertfordshire 154 B3
Red Book Watford & Hemel Hempstead 13 C1

Train: Garston

Opening Times: Tue & Thu (other than school summer term) 1800-2100, (school summer term only) 1830-2200, Sun 0900-1300, other times by arrangement
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: Yes
Charges: Adult 2.70, Junior 1.25

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities:

fiogf49gjkf0d
Full - 1 HJ, 2 PV (1L-DE), 4 LJ/TJ (2 1L-DE), 2 SP, 2 DT/HT (2C-INT by 1500m start, 2C-INT by 200m start but only used for DT), 2 JT. There is also 1 other DT (INT, no cage).
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height adjustable

Changing: Full in pavilion at track and in Leisure Centre
Floodlights: Yes
Seating: 708 covered

Track Certification: Restricted - valid until 31st Mar 2008 (survey required before records can be ratified, no LJ/TJ into infield pits whilst long throws in progress)

Clubs: Chiltern Harriers AC, Watford Harriers AC

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.



Click the diagram for a larger view


Other Info:

fiogf49gjkf0d
The stadium was originally opened on 4th Nov 1955 by the Duke of Edinburgh. It was upgraded to a 6 lane synthetic track some time ago and to 8 lanes all round in May 1995. The inside two lanes were touched up in August 2000 and lanes 3 and 4 in 2002. Work started in April 2000 on building a new clubhouse incorporating full changing facilities alongside the first bend and was completed in early 2001. It was officially opened on 8th April 2001 by Dalton Grant. As the original PV was inside the track alongside the home straight, the track could not gain a full track certification and so a new PV runway was built in 2002 to the side of the clubhouse and the old one was grassed over. A height adjustable water jump barrier was installed in July 2002. The extension on the back straight to allow 100m and 110m races is only 6 lanes. The infield is used as a football pitch during the winter.

Last update: 23/06/2003

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003