Garon Park Track

Southend Leisure & Tennis Centre
Garon Park
Eastern Avenue

Telephone: 01702 610455, 01702 442905, 01702 613000 (general Centre number)
Fax: 01702 613111


Type: Synthetic, 400m, 8 lanes, 8 lane straight

Authority: Southend-on-Sea
Ceremonial County: Essex

NUTS Name: Southend

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: TQ 898874
National Grid Reference: 589800, 187400

Paper Maps:
A-Z Essex 3B 140
A-Z Southend-on-Sea 2H 29
OS Explorer Map: 175, 176
OS Pathfinder Map: 1162
Red Book Southend-on-Sea 25 E1

Train: Southend East, Prittlewell, Southend Victoria (2M), Southend Central (2.5M)

Opening Times: Mon-Sun 0730-Dusk/2300. Club times (exclusive) Tue & Thu 1930-2130, Sun 1030-1230
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: Yes
Charges: Adult 1.85, Junior 0.95

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities: Full - 1 HJ, 2 PV (1L-DE), 4 LJ, 2 TJ (2L-DE), 1 SP, 1 DT/HT (2C-INT), 2 JT
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height fixed

Changing: Full in adjacent Leisure Centre
Floodlights: Yes but only turned on for club sessions or by prior arrangement
Seating: None but there is a 2 tier viewing gallery

Track Certification: Full - valid 31st Jan 2006

Clubs: City of Southend-on-Sea AC

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose

Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.

Click the diagram for a larger view

Other Info:
The track was built in 1994 and has a Polyflex 950-4 surface. It is part of a large and impressive leisure complex which opened in January 1996 and which includes indoor tennis courts and sports halls. The land was formerly called the Francis Sports Ground. The LJ only sections of the two lane double-ended runway are for training only.

Last update: 30/04/2000

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003