Salisbury

Salisbury Athletics Track

Five Rivers Leisure Centre
The Butts
Hulse Road
SALISBURY
SP1 3NR

Telephone: 01722 339966
Fax: 01722 410184

Email:
Website: http://www.salisbury.gov.uk/leisure/sport-and-fitness/sports-pitches.htm

Type: Synthetic, 400m, 6 lanes, 8 lane straight

Authority: Wiltshire
Ceremonial County: Wiltshire

NUTS Name: Salisbury

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: SU 141311
National Grid Reference: 414100, 131100

Paper Maps:
OS Explorer Map: 130
OS Pathfinder Map: 1241
OS Landranger Map: 184
Red Book Salisbury & Wilton 8 D4
Red Book Wiltshire 34 D4

Train: Salisbury

Opening Times: Mon-Fri (school holidays only) 0900-1700, (summer only) 1700-Dusk, Sat-Sun 1300-Dusk/1800. Club times Tue & Thu (summer only, non exclusive) 1830-2030, Sun (all year) 1100-1400
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: Yes
Charges: Adult 1.50, Junior 0.75, Non members during club sessions 1.50

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities:

fiogf49gjkf0d
Full - 1 HJ, 1 PV (1L-SE), 3 LJ, 1 TJ (LJ 1L-SE, LJ-LJ/TJ 1L-DE), 1 SP, 2 DT, 1 HT (DT/HT 2C-EXT, DT only 1C-INT), 2 JT
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height fixed

Changing: Full in Leisure Centre
Floodlights: Track only portable ones owned by club and not available at public opening times
Seating: None

Track Certification: Restricted - valid until 31st May 2005 (survey required before records can be ratified)

Clubs: City of Salisbury A & RC

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.



Click the diagram for a larger view


Other Info:

fiogf49gjkf0d
The track was opened in 1994 by Roger Black and the clubhouse built in 1998. It is owned by the council but is on the grounds of South Wilts Grammar School for Girls hence why it is not available during the day. The track surface is coloured green because this was considered to be environmentally pleasing. Planning permission for permanent lighting was turned down due to the track being in a residential area. The original external DT/HT cage was lost in 2000 when the car park was extended over it as part of the preparations for the opening in 2002 of a new swimming pool next to the current Leisure Centre. A new external cage was installed for the summer of 2000 in the corner of the hockey pitches opposite the track. The track was resurfaced in May 2002.

Last update: 28/07/2002

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003