Ruislip

King's College Playing Fields Track

King's College Sports Ground
King's College Road
RUISLIP
HA4 7JZ

Telephone: None
Fax: None

Email:
Website:

Type: Cinder, 440y, 6 lanes, 7 lane straight

Authority: Hillingdon
Ceremonial County: Greater London

NUTS Name: Ruislip

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: TQ 095882
National Grid Reference: 509500, 188200

Paper Maps:
A-Z London Master 30V 36 (NW)
A-Z London Atlas/DeLuxe 4D 36
Collins London Comprehensive 115 BT58
OS Explorer Map: 172
OS Pathfinder Map: 1158

Train: Ruislip Manor LU

Opening Times: Open all the time. Club times (summer only) Tue & Thu eves
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: No
Charges: None

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities:

fiogf49gjkf0d
None that are usable - 1 SP (no board)
S/C Water Jump: None

Changing: None
Floodlights: None
Seating: None

Clubs: None

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.



Click the diagram for a larger view


Other Info:

fiogf49gjkf0d
The track was built in 1951 and was used by Ruislip & Northwood AC. In 1966 they amalgamated with Finchley Harriers and became Hillingdon AC. After this most matches were held at Hayes Stadium and so the track went into disuse. David Hemery regularly trained on the track in the years leading up to the 1968 Olympics. Until 2000 the track was overgrown and appeared to be deserted although it was sometimes used by Hillingdon AC for distance running training mainly because it is near their clubhouse and it is a fairly pleasant place to train. In March 2000 a 19,437 grant from the London Marathon Trust was awarded to Hillingdon council to restore the track to a proper usable state by renovating the old cinder surface, doing some basic gardening and replacing the low perimeter fence but there was no attempt to incorporate any field event facilities. The track was cleared and the under surface renewed by September 2000 and the top surface was finished by spring 2001. However by August 2002 the weeds were starting to return with the outside lanes rather overgrown. The track is a slightly odd shape in that it has relatively long straights and short bends and is still 440y. There is a pavilion at the track but it is all boarded up. The only field-event facility still visible is a SP circle although this is unusable as it is not level. The steeplechase water jump has been removed and grassed over but the outline of the pit can still be seen.

Last update: 19/08/2002

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003