Par Recreation Ground Track

Par Recreation Ground
Moorland Road

Telephone: 01726 815205, 01726 223691 (enquiries, Polkyth Leisure Centre - not at track), 01726 813920 (club contact, not at track)
Fax: 01726 61480 (club contact, not at track)


Type: Synthetic, 400m, 6 lanes, 8 lane straight

Authority: Restormel Borough Council
Ceremonial County: Cornwall

NUTS Name: Par

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: SX 079539
National Grid Reference: 207900, 053900

Paper Maps:
OS Explorer Map: 107
Red Book Cornwall 49 F3

Train: Par

Opening Times: Club times Tue 1800-2030, Thu (summer only) 1800-2030. No public times.
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: No
Charges: No daily individual charges. Clubs pay to hire the track and are reimbursed by their members.

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities: Full - 1 HJ, 1 PV (1L-SE), 2 LJ/TJ (2L-DE), 1 SP, 1 DT/HT (1C-INT), 2 JT
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height & length adjustable

Changing: Full in pavilion at track
Floodlights: Yes
Seating: None other than 9 park benches

Track Certification: Full - valid until 31st Aug 2006

Clubs: Newquay & Par AC, Newquay Road Runners

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose

Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.

Click the diagram for a larger view

Other Info:
The official opening meeting of the original cinder track which was 6 lanes all round with a 7 lane straight was the South West Inter Counties Schools Championships held on 29th June 1957. However the track was in use a bit before as the Cornwall County Schools Championships took place here on 15th June 1957. The track was upgraded to synthetic in 2000 with the help of a Lottery Sports Award and was built by G Thornton (Contracts) Ltd. and has a Polymeric surface. The first meeting to be held on it was the Cornwall Junior Schools Championships on 28th June 2000. The official opening was on 23rd July when there also a Cornwall League meeting. The synthetic track is still 6 lanes but with an 8 lane straight and the home straight is on the opposite side to where it was on the cinder track so sprint races will have the prevailing wind behind. The horizontal jumps area has also been moved so that it is now in front of the pavilion. Proper floodlights have been installed although they are not of full competition standard. The new perimeter fence is fairly low at about 1.2m.

Last update: 01/03/2004

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003