West Kensington

Queen's Club


Telephone:
Fax:

Email:
Website:

Type: Cinder (no longer exists), 440y, lanes, lane straight

Authority:
Ceremonial County: Greater London

NUTS Name: London (QC)

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference:
National Grid Reference: Unknown, Unknown

Paper Maps:
A-Z London Master #
A-Z London Atlas/DeLuxe #
A-Z London 5G 75
A-Z London Mini #
A-Z Surrey 1K 13

Train:

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.




Other Info:

fiogf49gjkf0d
This cinder track was first used for athletics in 1888 and races were held in an anticlockwise direction. In March of that year it was reported to be a few yards over 3 laps to the mile but would be made precisely 586 2/3 y for the next season and this work was apparently carried out. In 1920 the track was reduced to 440y. The Oxford vs Cambridge University match was held here from 1888 to 1928.

Last update: 16/07/2000

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003