Kensal Rise

National Athletic Grounds

Leighton Gardens/Clifford Gardens
LONDON

Telephone: N/A
Fax: N/A

Email:
Website:

Type: Cinder (no longer exists - built over), 440y, lanes, lane straight

Authority:
Ceremonial County: Greater London

NUTS Name: London (KR)

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference:
National Grid Reference: Unknown, Unknown

Paper Maps:
A-Z London Master #
A-Z London Atlas/DeLuxe #
A-Z London #
A-Z London Mini 1E 33
Collins London Comprehensive #
Collins London #
Collins London Mini #
Old OS Map Kensal Green & Queen's Park 1894 & 1913

Train:

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose



Other Info:

fiogf49gjkf0d
This was a 440y cinder track inside a 3 laps to the mile cement cycling track and there was a 160y sprint track although this seemed to have been removed by the 1913 OS Map. It opened on 26th May 1890 and had a grandstand with a capacity of 1000. It was used by Queens Park Harriers and Finchley Harriers who became Hillingdon AC. It is not known when it was built over but it is believed to have not been used after 1914 and had certainly gone by the 1960s. It was in the area between Leighton Gardens and Clifford Gardens.

Last update: 24/05/2000

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003