Hastings

William Parker Community Athletics Arena

William Parker School
Parkstone Road
HASTINGS
TN34 2NT

Telephone: 01424 439888 (enquiries, adjacent School), 01424 448222 (club contact, not at track)
Fax: 01424 461472 (adjacent School)

Email:
Website:

Type: Synthetic, 400m, 6 lanes, 8 lane straight

Authority: East Sussex
Ceremonial County: East Sussex

NUTS Name: Hastings

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: TQ 808115
National Grid Reference: 580800, 111500

Paper Maps:
OS Explorer Map: 124
OS/Philip's East Sussex 140 A2
Red Book East Sussex 26 A1
Red Book Hastings & Bexhill 11 G6 & 16 A1

Train: Hastings (2M), Warrior Square (2M), Ore (2M)

Opening Times: Wed & Fri 1800-2100, Sat 0900-1300, Club times (non exclusive) Tue & Thu 1800-2030. There is a token & turnstile facility to enable public use at other times - ring school for details.
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: Yes
Charges: Club sessions: Adult 2.00, Junior 2.00

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities: Full - 1 HJ, 2 PV (1L-DE), 2 LJ/TJ (1L-DE), 1 SP, 1 DT/HT (2C-INT), 2 JT
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height adjustable

Changing: Full in Lower School Sports Hall near track and signposted from it
Floodlights: Yes
Seating: Grass bank only

Track Certification: Full - valid until 31st Mar 2004

Clubs: Hastings AC

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.



Click the diagram for a larger view


Other Info:
The track was originally a 6 lanes all-round 440y cinder one and was opened in 1965 by Robbie Brightwell. It was owned by the then Hastings Grammar School and throughout its life as a cinder track was never upgraded to 400m and did not have a steeplechase water jump. It was upgraded to an Amtrack SP synthetic track at a cost of 300K with funding from East Sussex County Council, Sport England Lottery Fund, The Foundation for Sport and the Arts, The Governors of William Parker School, Hastings AC and Hastings Borough Council. The work was carried out by Amey Construction Ltd. with consultancy from Materials Science Consultants Ltd. It became available for training in about September 1998 although the first meeting was not until 1999. The track is set at the bottom of a hill with steep banking alongside the home straight which makes for a good vantage point. Events in Hastings also used to take place at the South Saxons Track, Filsham Road, St. Leonards until the mid 1970s but this was a grass track that was only marked out in the summer.

Last update: 24/09/2000

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003