Celtic Park

Celtic Football Club
Celtic Park
G40 3RE

Telephone: 0141 556 2611
Fax: 0141 551 8106


Type: Cinder (no longer exists - track removed), 440y, lanes, lane straight

Ceremonial County: Glasgow

NUTS Name: Glasgow (CP)

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: NS 620640
National Grid Reference: 262000, 664000

Paper Maps:
A-Z Glasgow 6D 84
Collins Glasgow Streetfinder Colour Atlas #
OS Explorer Map: 342
OS Pathfinder Map: 417

Train: Bridgeton, Dalmarnock, Duke Street

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose

Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.

Other Info:
Celtic Park or Parkhead as it is also known is the home of Celtic FC and the ground opened on 20th August 1892 and by 1897 had a cinder 440y running track inside a 3.5 laps to the mile cement cycle track. The 1897 World Cycling Championships were held here and there were regular athletics meetings around this time but none are believed to have been taken place since at least the 2nd World War. In 1928 the ground staged the first speedway meeting in Scotland. The running track was removed when the ground started to be redeveloped in 1994. It is not known when the cycle one was removed.

Last update: 03/03/2001

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003