Dagenham

Dagenham Arena

Old Dagenham Park
Pavilion
Vicarage Road
DAGENHAM
RM10 9SA

Telephone: 020 8593 3635 (Park Pavilion), 020 8592 4500 (number mentioned on park sign)
Fax:

Email:
Website:

Type: Cinder, 440y, 5 lanes, 5 lane straight

Authority: #
Ceremonial County: Greater London

NUTS Name: Dagenham (P)

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: TQ 498842
National Grid Reference: 549800, 184200

Paper Maps:
A-Z Essex 9N 127
A-Z London Master 38Dd 68 (E)
A-Z London Atlas/DeLuxe 3M 65
A-Z London 7H 53
Collins London Comprehensive 147 FB66
Collins London 53 H7
OS Explorer Map: 162
OS Pathfinder Map: 1160

Train: Dagenham Heathway LU

Opening Times: Unknown
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: Yes
Charges: None

Track Diagram: Not available
Field Event Facilities:
S/C Water Jump:

Changing: None
Floodlights: None
Seating: None

Clubs: None

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose



Other Info:

fiogf49gjkf0d
The track is in fair condition and is obviously still used as 6 lanes are marked out although it is really only 5 lanes wide. It is surrounded by a 6 foot spiked fence although there are a few gaps in it. It is noteworthy for being 440y and so the 400m start point is in front of the finish. One straight has a sprint extension which suggests it was the home straight but the track has been marked out with this as the back one. The infield is a grass pitch which is probably used for football in the winter. All the runways and sand pits in the infield have been grassed over although there is the remnants of a synthetic run up & pit just to the outside of the track. It was used by Essex Beagles until 1953. The ground was used by Dagenham FC and there used to be a stand but it was demolished in the 1980s. There are still 3 rows of overgrown terracing alongside what is used as the home straight.

Last update: 24/07/1999

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003