Bury St. Edmunds

West Suffolk Athletics Arena

Bury St. Edmunds Leisure Centre
Beetons Way
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
IP33 3TT

Telephone: 01284 757484 (Bob Duncan, Athletics Development Officer), 01284 753496 (Leisure Centre)
Fax: 01284 757486

Email: bob.duncan@stedsbc.gov.uk
Website:

Type: Synthetic, 400m, 8 lanes, 8 lane straight

Authority: Suffolk
Ceremonial County: Suffolk

NUTS Name: Bury St. Edmunds

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: TL 844648
National Grid Reference: 584400, 264800

Paper Maps:
OS Explorer Map: 211
Red Book Suffolk 16 D6 & 18 D1

Train: Bury St. Edmunds

Opening Times: Mon-Fri 1700-2200 (except club times), track is also open 0900-1700 in school holidays and for parts of the day in school term time - users are advised to ring to check availability, Sat 0900-1900, Sun 0900-2000. Club times Mon (Pacers) 1830-2000, Tue (West Suffolk) 1830-2030, Wed (Pacers) 1830-2030, Thu (West Suffolk) 1830-2030
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: Yes
Charges: Adult 2.00, Junior 1.00. There is an additional 30p charge for use under floodlights.

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities: Full - 1 HJ, 2 PV (1L-DE), 2 LJ, 2 TJ (2L-ALT), 1 SP, 1 DT/HT (2C-INT), 2 JT
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height adjustable

Changing: Full
Floodlights: Yes
Seating: None

Track Certification: Full - valid until 31st Oct 2005

Clubs: St. Edmunds Pacers, West Suffolk AC

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.



Click the diagram for a larger view


Other Info:

fiogf49gjkf0d
The track was built on a grass field immediately next to the Bury St. Edmunds Leisure Centre and was officially opened on 14th Sep 1997 by Roger Black. It replaced a cinder track which was on the field behind the back straight which was grassed over when this one was built. The track is on the grounds of the King Edward VI School who regularly use it but it is managed from the Leisure Centre. The English Schools Champs were held here in 1999. The track is of the non porous synthetic type but the green areas in both Ds are porous. There is a curbside pacing system called Pacemetre which uses flashing lights and which was officially launched on 21st October 1998. It is currently the only such system in the world. The product was designed by and is marketed by Omer Products.

Last update: 12/09/2001

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003