Dagenham

Jim Peters Arena

Mayesbrook Park
Lodge Avenue
DAGENHAM

Telephone: 020 8594 5713, 020 8593 2061 (enquiries, not at track)
Fax:

Email:
Website:

Type: Synthetic, 400m, 8 lanes, 8 lane straight

Authority: #
Ceremonial County: Greater London

NUTS Name: Barking

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: TQ 465852
National Grid Reference: 546500, 185200

Paper Maps:
AA Street by Street London 115 G3
A-Z Essex 7F 126
A-Z London Master 36Wc 67 (E)
A-Z London Atlas/DeLuxe 1F 64
A-Z London 5A 52
Collins London Comprehensive 126 EU64
Collins London 53 A5
OS Explorer Map: 174
OS Pathfinder Map: 1160

Train: Upney LU

Opening Times: Club times (Dagenham 88 Runners) Mon & Wed 1800-2000. Public times (if any) unknown
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: Yes
Charges: Havering Mayesbrook club sessions: Adult 1.50, Junior 0.80

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities: Full - 1 HJ, 2 PV (1L-DE), 1 LJ, 1 TJ (2L-SE), 1 SP, 1 DT/HT (1C-INT), 2 JT. There is also a LJ only 8L-SE practice pit with no boards.
S/C Water Jump: Inside track

Changing: Full
Floodlights: Yes
Seating: 200 (approx) covered

Track Certification: Full - valid until 30th Nov 2008. However S/C records not allowed until a survey has been done.

Clubs: Dagenham 88 Runners

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.



Click the diagram for a larger view


Other Info:
The track was originally cinder and the opening meeting took place on 1st September 1951. It was upgraded to a Spurtan BS synthetic track in the summer of 1990. The track is just east of Barking postal district and so is in Dagenham but is commonly referred to as being in Barking. The track is behind the football ground of Barking FC. The entrance to the car park is on Lodge Avenue. In August 2001 the track became temporarily out of use for meetings and distance training due to damage from the roots of poplar trees adjacent to the arena. The problem affected a 60m section on one bend of the track. Work started on rectiying the problem on in Aug 2002 and the track reopened in Nov 2002. Track was renamed to the Jim Peters Arena from Mayesbrook Park Arena in 2014.

Last update: 24/02/2004

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003