Bangor

Treborth Athletics Track

Treborth Road
BANGOR

Telephone: 01248 364146
Fax:

Email:
Website:

Type: Synthetic, 400m, 8 lanes, 8 lane straight

Authority:
Ceremonial County: Gwynedd

NUTS Name: Bangor

Electronic Map Links:
Multimap 1:10,000 (Street Level)
Multimap 1:25,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:50,000 (Area Level)
Multimap 1:100,000 (Road Level)
Multimap 1:200,000 (Road Level)
Streetmap (Street Level)
Streetmap (Area Level)
Streetmap (Road Map)

OS National Grid Reference: SH 548709
National Grid Reference: 254800, 370900

Paper Maps:
A-Z Bangor Conwy Rhyl Colwyn Bay & Llandudno 5H 9
OS Explorer Map: 263, OL 17
Red Book Bangor & Caernarfon 15 F6

Train:

Opening Times: Mon 1700-2100, Tue 1200-1600, (university holidays only) 1600-2100, Wed & Thu 1600-2100, Fri closed, Sat-Sun 0900-1300. Club times (University, exclusive, term-time only) Tue 1600-2100
Is track locked/unavailable for casual use at other times: No
Charges: Adult 2.60, Junior 1.60

Track Diagram: Click here
Field Event Facilities: Full - 1 HJ, 2 PV (1L-DE), 2 LJ/TJ (1L-DE), 1 SP, 1 DT/HT (1C-INT), 1 JT
S/C Water Jump: Inside track, height fixed

Changing: Full in pavilion at track
Floodlights: Yes
Seating: None although the grass bank on the home straight is terraced

Track Certification: Full - valid until 31st May 2007

Clubs: Bangor University AC, Menai Track & Field

Pictures: Please browse the selection here.

The display of inline maps of track locations is no longer
a free service and so has had to be withdrawn

Please use the Electronic Map links

Sponsorship for www.runtrackdir.com is being sought
Please contact Tim Grose


Click the picture for a larger view
Click here to see the list of pictures for this track.



Click the diagram for a larger view


Other Info:
The track opened in 1996 and is a joint use facility between the University of Wales, Bangor and the Gwynedd Local Authority. It is set in a very pleasant rural location with views to the Pont Britannia road bridge. There is a pavilion at the track with a bar area. The entrance to the track is via a road immediately next to the Menai Suspension Bridge. The restriction on the use of LJ and TJ due to the proximity of floodlight pylons was removed in summer 2002 when the pylons were moved to the outside of the track.

Last update: 25/10/2002

Please send any amendments to Tim Grose

UK Running Track Directory
© Copyright Tim Grose 2003